The General Atomics Sciences Education Foundation (GASEF) provides funding to support K- 12 science education efforts that have countywide or at least multiple school district impact, generally in San Diego County where most General Atomics employees work. Here science broadly encompasses Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education. We do not provide funding to individual schools or districts since it would not be possible for the Foundation to support all schools or districts that require funds. Funding decisions are made throughout the year. Awards tend to range from $1,000 to $5,000 with an average of $3,000, but the amount available is highly variable every year; there are generally 4-6 awards per year. Please note that the GASEF does not fund for-profit entities.
If you wish to request funding for your non-profit organization, please follow the guidelines below.
- Submit your request to Lawrence.Woolf@ga-asi.com. Proposals should not exceed 3 pages.
- Include the name of the organization requesting funding, the person who is the primary point of contact, an email address, street address, web site address, and a phone number. Explicitly confirm that your organization is a non-profit and provide an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Indicate the funding amount requested and the time period over which the funding will be used.
- Briefly describe the background and context for the funding request, including previous efforts and past successes.
- Describe in detail what the funds will support and how you plan to use the funding. Include the expected number and diversity or demographics of the students who will be affected by the program being funded.
- Indicate what you plan to accomplish with the funding and how it will positively impact science education for students.